Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Planning Professional Development

The challenge for me this school year is planning and leading professional development in my school this year.  I taught some PD last school year, but looking back do not think that I was very successful in motivating the teachers to utilize the strategies that were taught.  


Looking back there is a lot I would change.  For example, I didn't give the "play" time that people need.  This school year when I deliver PD I am going to make sure that I have enough time that the participants will be able to create or at least brainstorm lessons utilizing the technology or strategies presented.


Another challenge I face is the knowledge levels varying.  I have many coworkers that you can give a handout to and they take off!  Then we have others that need me to stand over their shoulders to help them along.  I plan on having a "backup" so to speak with me at all times, so that while I am continuing with those that are keeping up, someone will be there to assist those that need it.  This will also help in the others not getting bored while waiting.


I am looking forward to taking the knowledge I have learned at Pinnacle this summer to plan successful staff development for my school!

No comments:

Post a Comment